How to Write APA Format
The American Psychological Association (APA) style can be traced back to 1929, and it is widely used in the social sciences. It was originated to facilitate the reading and comprehension of scientific papers. It is composed by a set of rules that dictate how you should write your research paper. Its manual will teach you how to write APA format. Thus, you will have to familiarize yourself with its rules before writing your paper. The APA format consists of four sections – title, abstract, body and references. Each section should be carefully written using Times New Roman 12 pt. Font, and the text should be doubled spaced.
We have listed some general rules that will help you learn how to write an APA paper. Check them out:
- Each page should include a running head with the title of your paper. The page header should be aligned at the left of the paper, and the page number at the right.
- You should write your paper using double-space and a Times New Roman font.
- Use active voice to write your paper. You should use the first person when discussing your research.
- Be clear on your explanations. Avoid vagueness by staying away from complex sentences or wordiness.
- Avoid bias in language. Choose your words carefully, and prefer inclusive language.
- Use plain language to write your paper. Do not make use of poetic language.
- Use the appropriate citation for the different references. An online blog should be cited differently from a printed book.
- If you want to cite an interview or a material given at a lecture, you should follow the personal communication in-text citation rule. And do not include this material on your reference list.
Your APA Paper Should Consist Of:
An APA paper consists of four sections. The title page, the abstract, the main body, and the references. Each one of them should follow specific requirements:
- The title page should include all the relevant details of your paper. It should have the title of your paper, the author’s name, and the name of the college or institution. The title has to be centered in the middle of the page. Below the title, you should write the author’s name, and after the name, the college or institution.
- The abstract is a brief summary of your paper. It has to explain the key elements of your research like the participants, your theory, methodology, results, data, and conclusion.
- The main body is the part where you explain thoroughly your paper. Any major argument you make can be supported by referencing someone else’s work. You can use tables and graphics to analyze your data. After the main body, you should write a concluding paragraph. The conclusion should gather your findings briefly.
- At the end of your paper, you should also include a references list. You will have to list, alphabetically, all the references you have used on your paper. Bear in mind that you will only need to include the ones you have cited. Thus, make sure you keep them at hand to write the references page.
Simple Tips on How to Write APA Format Easily
When writing an academic paper, it is important that you are able to comply using proper rules and APA formatting guide on great APA format websites as to make sure its overall quality. Proper formatting is very essential not only in writing your paper but also in presenting the information, aligning your texts and most important, citing sources in your references. It is crucial that you understand the proper ways on how to write APA format as this as will basically maximize the impact of your paper. Comply with correct instructions on how to write APA format as for you to guarantee the excellence of your academic paper.
Are You Still Wondering How to Use APA Format?
Do not worry, here are some examples that will help you get an idea of how to properly cite and write a reference:
“[…] technology has changed our lives (Smith, 2017).”
“According to Jones, artificial intelligence has a bias problem (2018).”
Smith, M. (2017). Psychological Reactions to Technology. Journal of Technology and Psychology, 2(1), 100.
Jones, K. (2018). Bias in Technology. The University of Massachusetts.
Get Professional Help on How to Write a APA Paper Online
Fortunately for those who do not have knowledge on how to write a APA paper is that there are many services online that can easily format your paper. Our company can assign you a personal editor that will prepare the paper as to effectively conform to APA style. In order for your academic standards to be top notch, you should check its quality from grammar, spelling, academic style, word usage and proper formatting. We have the best editors that are available 24/7 in order to maximize the overall impact of your paper.
24/7 Help on How to Use APA Format with Expert Editors
If you do not know how to write APA format, make sure that you avail our professional services online. We check everything from plagiarism to using active voice and every single detail that could compromise the quality of your paper. Our editors that can provide you guidance on how to write APA format which can make a huge difference in the excellence of your paper.
Not only do you get their knowledge base to help guide you, but you also benefit from a service which will provide you:
- Around the clock online ordering and customer service assistance
- Complete confidentiality of all our products, no one will ever find out you used our services
- Affordable prices with flexible discounts and no hidden extras
- Strict adherence to all deadlines supplied by you
- World-renowned writers that provide custom writing across all subject areas
- Unique and error-free writing
- Unlimited reviews until you are satisfied the word carried out meets your satisfaction
- A full refund of all money if you are not happy with the work received
Still struggling on how to use APA format in your academic paper?