Sample of a Bibliography
Whether it’s your first or your tenth, annotated bibliographies present a unique challenge. There are many steps to them and many places where it’s possible to go wrong. Our service can help you create a great annotated bibliography, with far less fuss than you thought possible. However, if you’re starting out on your own, we have some advice.
Sample Bibliography Tips
These suggestions will make writing an annotated bibliography so much easier.
- Do your reading early: One of the most time-consuming parts of an annotated bib is simply reading. You have to have a thorough understanding of each source to be able to write about it. Hence, you need to allow yourself lots of time to read. Writing is only the very end of the process.
- Keep a notes file: While you read, paste links to each article and even full citations along with relevant quotes and reasons you think this would be a good source. Then all you’ll have to do is organize and expand.
- Auto-generate your citations: Did you know that Google Scholar, JSTOR, and EBSCOhost can generate citations for you? Check for a ‘cite’ button on whatever search engine you’re using. There’s a good chance you’ll find one.
- But check them too: Despite their usefulness, all auto-generated citations can sometimes contain mistakes. Plus, formatting errors can creep in when you paste. Each time you put a citation in your paper, check it to be sure it’s correct. Then proofread your citations again when you’re finished with all of them.
- Stay organized from the beginning: Try to add your citations in alphabetical order. Messing around once you’ve already got the annotations done is difficult and troublesome. If you do it right straight off, you’ll have less trouble later.
No matter who you are, a little guidance is always useful. You may be the best writer in the world – but even so, great writers can make mistakes, and there’s always room to learn something new. Every annotated bibliography writer in our team is constantly learning and growing themselves. They want to help you achieve that goal, too. We are invested in your success, and that is why we’re the best service.