What is involved in getting an MBA degree? What do you need to know before applying? Will you be required to write an MBA thesis? Check out this short guide, and then later know a few celebrities that also have their business degrees.
Celebrities with MBA or Business Degree
- Ivanka Trump: When she graduated from high school, she went to the Wharton Business School (University of Pennsylvania where she obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Economics. She then became the VP of Real Estate and Acquisitions for the Trump Organization in New York.
- Benicio Del Toro: He was a Catholic school in Puerto Rico student when he became an Academy Award winning actor. When he graduated from high school, he enrolled at the University of California as a business student.
- Cate Blanchett: Before becoming an actor, she was studying at the University of Melbourne. She also studied economics aside from fine arts.
Getting an MBA
Here are some things you need to know before applying for MBA degree:
- Bachelor’s degree: Complete an undergraduate program from an accredited university. Any major can be accepted.
- Work experience: Many of the schools are expecting you have some professional work experience before applying for an MBA. On the other hand, it may also be acceptable to apply right away after your bachelor’s degree. But in many cases, programs are looking for students who already have working experience so that they can contribute their knowledge to their communities.
- GMAT: This is for your academic record. The scores in the examination will be essential for business schools as well as work history.
- Requirements: Check on the requirements before joining a program. See whether you can or cannot join. Importantly, you should check the GMAT and GPA requirement cutoffs before applying.
- Research programs: Many universities are offering some MBA programs. But then, you should research the programs that you want to join before participating in a research, since you’re gonna have to fully commit to it and write different academic papers, like MBA dissertation. Remember that every school is unique regarding faculty, coursework and culture. Before committing to a research, see to it that it is what you need for your future career.